How can I help?
I help people work their way through a variety of difficult experiences, which can range from feeling:
- overwhelmed by stress at work, home or university
• exhausted by a constant battle with negative thoughts and emotions
• bereaved by the loss of, or separation from, a loved one
• anxious or angry after illness, trauma or abuse
• unsettled by a deep need or fear of change
Core Process Psychotherapy
Core Process Psychotherapy helps clients connect with their body and mind and work towards easing the impact that stress, depression and anxiety can have on them. This combines Western psychotherapy and neurobiology with Eastern mindfulness practice. By bringing attention to emotions and sensations in the body and observing our thoughts, we can learn more about our deeply held beliefs, drives and defensive habits, and how they shape our daily experience and relationships with others and ourselves.
The benefits of giving yourself regular time to explore your personal issues with support can be profound. It can lead to greater self-awareness, acceptance and compassion; a calmer/more relaxed and balanced approach to life; and ultimately the freedom to fulfil your potential. Over time, in the safety of the therapeutic relationship, the burden of childhood neglect or abuse, or deeply held trauma, may lighten with the release of draining tension and emotions.
After working in the education sector and raising my family, I began training as a Core Process Psychotherapist at the highly-regarded Karuna Institute in Devon. This embodied training is psycho-spiritual in nature and promotes a depth of connection in relationship. I am passionate about the wisdom of this holistic approach to therapy, that believes in the inherent ‘core’ health of the individual, and feel motivated to help people find a path to well-being.
I have completed the training aspect of my Post-Qualification MA, my clinical year and am awaiting graduation. I have been in supervised clinical practice at Emma Feasby Psychotherapy for two years and a Volunteer Counsellor at Dorothy House Hospice Care since September 2020.
Contact, Availability and Fees
I offer a free introductory half-hour session and then charge a reduced rate of £35 an hour until I formally graduate. If you would like to arrange a free session, please email me a message stating the best time and way of contacting you. I will endeavour to get back to you as soon as possible. Alternatively, please call me on the number below.
T: 07724 055686
Training and Qualifications
- Post-Qualification MA in Core Process Psychotherapy (awaiting graduation) – Karuna Institute
- BSc (Hons) Psychology and Health Sciences – the University of the West of England
- Trainee membership of the professional body UKCP (UK Council for Psychotherapy)
- Certificate in Online and Telephone Counselling – Counselling Tutor
- Working with Anger – Spectrum
- Grief and Loss, and Fear and Anxiety workshops – Maura Sills, Jamyang Centre
- Training in attachment disorders, neglect, abuse, radicalisation, autism, ADHD and dyslexia – South Gloucestershire LEA
- Working with Core Beliefs of ‘Never Good Enough’, Anger and Trauma – National Institute for the Clinical Application for Behavioural Medicine
- Prenatal and Perinatal Psychology – Conscious Embodiment Trainings & eHealth Learning