How can I help?
I help people (over 18) work their way through a variety of difficult experiences, which can range from feeling:
• overwhelmed by stress at work, home or university
• exhausted by a constant battle with negative thoughts and emotions
• bereaved by the loss of, or separation from, a loved one
• anxious or angry after illness, trauma or abuse
• unsettled by a deep need or fear of change
Core Process Psychotherapy helps clients connect with their body and mind and work towards easing the impact that stress, depression and anxiety can have on them. This combines Western psychotherapy, biology and neurology with Eastern mindfulness practice. By bringing attention to emotions and sensations in the body and observing our thoughts (as opposed to believing everything we think is real) we can learn more about our deeply held beliefs, drives and defensive habits, and how they shape our daily experience and relationships with others.
The benefits of giving yourself regular time to explore your personal issues with supportive guidance can be profound. It can lead to greater self-awareness, acceptance and compassion; a calmer/more relaxed and balanced approach to life; and ultimately the freedom to fulfill your potential. It can help to release draining tension and emotions, assist in relieving pain, and improving sleep and underlying health. Over time, in the safety of the therapeutic relationship, the burden of childhood neglect or abuse, or deeply held trauma, may lighten.
After many years working in the education sector and bringing up my family, I was delighted to be accepted on the highly-regarded PQMA Core Process Psychotherapy course at the Karuna Institute. I discovered this style of therapy when I was suffering from the physical effects of stress myself and have experienced first-hand its benefits. I am passionate about the power of this approach and can provide caring support during the healing process.
I am currently entering the final year of my training and still have some availability to take on new clients. The first session is free, and thereafter I charge a reduced rate of £30 an hour until I formally graduate. If you would like to meet to discuss working together, please contact me directly by e-mail or phone.
T: 07763 849 307
Training and Qualifications
• PQMA Core Process Psychotherapy, Karuna Institute (entering Clinical year)
• BSc (hons) Psychology and Health Sciences, University of the West of England
• Grief and Loss, Jamyang Centre
• Fear and Anxiety, Jamyang Centre
• LEA training in attachment disorders, neglect, abuse, radicalisation, autism, ADHD and dyslexia.
Monday – 10am-3pm
Tuesday – 10am-3pm
Wednesday – 10am-3pm
Thursday – 10am-1pm, 6pm-8pm